Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog Update

I'm still working on the update of the Leg Break blog, it's taking a lot longer than I expected and it's turning into a book rather than a blog. I'm also on the verge of being able to get my hands on a high speed camera which I'll be able to use to record my release and slow it down and see what it is that I'm actually doing. For the last 6-8 months I've been getting to grips with the The Big Flick release and it's coming together, but I have days when it works really well and other days when it just doesn't come out of the hand right. I also still have slight issues with getting it going over the full 22 yards - shorter 20 yards it goes well, but that extra 2 yards seems to screw it up a bit. On these kind of days (I had one today) I revert back to my conventional approach which I suspect is more of a 'Roll' than a 'Flick', but it still turns as much as the Big Flick technique, so the sooner I get my hands on the camera the better.

So, today I had a bowl and it went well, still sticking with the new 'Non skip' technique and walking in off of about 3-4 steps. Went really well with the exception of the absence of the big flick. I'm still slightly concerned about my initial foot position as I transfer the weight onto the pivot foot, I reckon observers would say that it's too straight as I point it straight down the wicket at the stumps. But that aside I'm very happy with what I'm doing at the moment and there's no sign of any Planta Fasciitis which is good.