Thursday, March 29, 2012

Paddock News

Last August as you may recall the fence was taken away along the side of the paddock adjacent to the road - meaning any cover drives or balls through the off-side could end up through the windscreens of peoples cars either stationary or otherwise. For the last couple of months I've been in contact with the local council looking to get the fence repaired or replaced and I've just checked my emails and discovered that I had been invited to meet with two council reps last Tuesday to look at the situation and discuss a resolution to the issue. Having missed the email/meeting the council officials duly turned up and had a look and sent me this email following their visit...

Good morning Mr Thompson, I just wanted to let you know that I am meeting R.B. out at the park area that you have bought to our attention, to look at the problem with the fence. I am meeting R.B. at 1pm today, if you get this e-mail and are available to meet us we would welcome your input. I am sorry for the very short notice.If you cannot meet us today I will e-mail you to let you know what progresshas been made.

This was then followed up with....

Good afternoon, just to keep you informedI met with R.B. at the play area, today. We will be getting quotes for the price of metal fencing for the area and this will then be passed on to our Environmental Champions group who have a budget for these kind of works. I will let you know of their decision following their next meetingon 24 April.I hope that this helps.

If this comes off... what a result! It may mean metal fencing all around the paddock, which will be brilliant as the current fencing has holes all over it and we're losing balls through the fence left right and centre. Watch this space!