Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spring approaches

Noticed in the garden today catkins on the trees and daffodils starting to poke through the grass on the tiny bit of lawn we've got. I've got Yucca's in the garden and Calla Lillies and they look like they've taken a hit in the frost, so they'll not prosper this summer. I'll go and have a look at the paddock at some point over the weekend and see how it looks and whether there's anything I can do to get it ready for the new season. I'm looking to get both ends working this summer for batting on, in order that we can extend its use. To be honest though the 'New' end is angled and slopes off to one side and need to be gradually built up, but I'd need about a 1/4 ton of earth to do that with.

Other things aside I've been asked by a cricket website to write articles for them, so I've got try and get that going in amongst all the other things, needless to say there's no money in it, so I wont be rushing to do that too quickly as I am supposed to be updating my own blogs.