Monday, July 14, 2008

24 Hours to go

It's on! They've got 11 blokes, we've got 11 blokes and the game is on. 5.30 pm tomorrow night at Blackshots in Grays. I'm guessing that we'll use 5 bowlers - four overs each? Reece Downs, MPA Alex, Neil, Wizard and myself. It sounds like they're going to be able to get their blokes there early for 5pm, whereas we're probably going to turn up at 5.30 ish. I'll aim to get there around 5pm myself. The suggestion from Boffa (their team captain) is who-ever gets their 11 there first bowls first. Lee Downs also mentioned that in this situation it might be good to declare once you've scored 25 runs (Is that normal practice)? Sounds OK to me.

The weather looks like it's going to hold up all right and it looks like it'll be a very warm muggy or sunny evening. One thing we will have to do is rattle through the overs pretty quick because of the light. I can't wait - this sounds like it's going to be a bit of a laugh and it'll be good to see some of these blokes - some of them I haven't seen in 20 years almost!

It's going to be interesting to see if our players take a T-20 approach to the game? I'm expecting Swiss Tony to do so. I expect Lee will as well, but a lot of it will be down to the bowling, I reckon there'll be a few wides and no-balls.

1 comment:

  1. The way we play it over here is to retire on 20. This means you can score a max of 25 by getting to 19 then hitting a 6.

    ReplyDelete