Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain soon?

Another incredibly nice sunny and warm day today. Didn't bowl thought I'd rest myself ahead of the game tomorrow. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to go straight into my overs using the new grip and get similar results as yesterday and the day before? The other thing I'll be looking at is my running around the field. I've been on a forum asking questions about what I can do to get some of the problems I suffered in the last game ironed out and it sounds like it's a lack of preparation. The key problem seems to be tight calf muscles, in part this is down to not being that fit and not doing any general/specific training during the week. Then on the day not doing adequate warm ups and then the right kind of stretches during the game. The tight calf muscles then affect the way you run and the impact on your heels - hence the need to almost hobble and increased stiffness in the lower legs, ankles and feet. So right from the outset tomorrow I'll be trying to address some of this and see if I can affect an improvement?

Other then that it looks like the weather may change in the next couple of days - http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209 so it looks like Monday and Tuesday I'll have to get some more of the levelling done in the paddock and sow the seeds ahead of the rain. I'll have to keep and eye on how the weather develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment