Saturday, October 03, 2009

Rain at last

Not a lot though, fairly light so I'm not even sure it'll penetrate the surface that much. The dampness though followed by the predicted sun tomorrow may activate the seeds into germinating? I'm slightly worried at the minute though because the dryness of September may mean that the grass wont get a good foothold before November and I wont have a lush even growth of grass across the wicket area. It strikes me that I need that because as far as I can make out a good root system beneath the surface is what's going to bind the surface together and prevent it from rapidly breaking up when used with a batsman as we intend.

Looking around at all of the playing fields and pitches at the moment they all look in the same condition though, they are all suffering from a lack of rain and by November they have all usually recovered and look very green again, so I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Other than that I had a quick bowl yesterday evening and that went very well. I'm just undecided as to what I'm going to focus on when it comes to practicing again on concrete. I suppose it should be the Big Leg Break. Hopefully before the end of September I'm going to have access to a high speed digital video camera and that's going to help me analyse my release of the ball with the big flick and allow me to modify the action and get the ball spinning in the right direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment