Friday, October 31, 2008

When a plan comes together

I love it when a long term plan comes together and today one did. Back in May playing with the Boys over at the Valence Way Wicket I hit a ball and it went over the fence into a really dense bit of brambles and stinging nettles. We had a look for the ball but just couldn't get anywhere near where the ball probably landed. Later in the summer I had a pair of shears and a machete over there trying to make my way into the centre of this massive patch of brambles. After an hour of so of not finding it I gave up going back to the original plan of 'We'll come back in the winter when there's no leaves on the bush'. I've just been over there for a wicket inspection and thought I'd have a look and see if I could see the ball. And there it was - just another 4' into the bush from the point I'd given up with the machete. So I was well chuffed.

The wicket looks okay, the blokes been on the field marking out the pitch today, so now doubt it'll get a pounding over the weekend and I'll go and do some repairs on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment