Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ebay - cheap?

My younger son Joe seems to be getting more interested in cricket especially after the coaching session by the bloke from ECCC a few weeks back. So trying to encourage this I thought I'd get him a new bat. I had a look on ebay and there were what seemed like cheap bats and I was tempted, but all these were new. His size is the smallest as he's only 6 and it's the size you see in the kits sold in toy shops and beaches. I then remembered that Sportsworld were selling really cheap stuff at the end of last season - Duncan Fearnley and Slazenger brands. So I went and had a look. There was a Duncan Fearnley beginners set with a bat, 4 stumps and a ball - it was £6.00. You couldn't go wrong. When I got to the till I got charged £3.00 because it was a sale item! I almost paid £16.00 for the same thing off of ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment