Sunday, August 24, 2008

Didn't play....

Right at the last moment after getting a game I then had to text my captain and say that I wouldn't be playing afterall as I had family commitments. Some rellies were down from Derby and I thought I might be able to slope off for 6 or 7 hours. Then Michelle pulled the Family Card and what with raining as well and the potential for a week of the cold shoulder and to have the incident thrown back in my face over the next 10 years I opted to not go. Hopefully the game still went ahead and they got someone else to play for the oppo. As it turns out the weather came good at about the time the game was due to start and the rest of the afternoon was lovely with warm sunshine. I had to resort to playing a cricket with my Father in Law, Brother in Law and some of the kids and then had an hour bowling on my own.

My run in as mentioned before is coming together and I'm getting a lot more speed on the ball and I noticed today this going to be useful with regards varying the speed of the delivery? Looking at the calender my cricket season looks as though it's almost over. I'm not going to be able to play next weekend again because of family commitments and then after that there's only another 4 weekends in Sept and I'm not sure whether G&CCC will have a match on the last weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment