Friday, January 19, 2007

They've taken the bait

Sports science have taken the bait! I emailed Dean Wells today and reminded him of the challenge. He then obviously distributed the email to his blokes and then there ensued a bit of mild sledging across the team rooms. From what I could gather a few of them play a bit of cricket. Dean himself plays, so does the big bloke to his right - he played at county level as a kid and 'Yeah I throw a bit of spin' was his comment to me asking if anyone was a spin bowler. The funny bloke plays as well and they all said they were medium pace bowlers. Later in the day I spoke to the scouser and the big bloke on the way out and they were joking, but the sense I got was that they felt ill prepared and as though we'd got the jump on them....... "We'll have to get the dept to see if there's money in the budget to pay for a bowling machine down at Garrons". So they don't seem as though their bowlers are up to the grade to put their batsmen through thier paces! I reckon we've got the psycological edge on them already, they'll all be thinking now - 'that's why that twat walks around with a cricket ball all the time' then realise I've been doing so for months and that we might be serious about this!? The plan is coming together - I can smell victory already, we've already won the psycological battle, all we need to do is turn the screws a bit more......

1 comment:

  1. I have taken your comment a bit further with a post: . It's got a few tips on keeping the pressure up on those dirty rats!!

    ReplyDelete