Saturday, February 27, 2010

More Injuries

http://spinbowling-legbreak.blogspot.com/
http://spinbowling-flipper.blogspot.com/
http://spinbowling-wrongun.blogspot.com/

Gutted! I've pulled a muscle in my right leg - calf muscle. Had a bowl outside in what is looking to be the warmest day since November at 11 degrees, I was working with the big flick leg break and it was coming along okay when suddenly a sharp muscle tearing type pain in my calf muscle low down in the centre, if I press it the area that is sore seems to be quite large at the minute. I stopped straight away came home having to limp and got some ice on it. I've done the ice thing twice now, so hopefully that'll help. I've had a look around at some websites on calf injuries and it does seem as though there's potential that I've done something fairly serious and that I may be out of action for quite some time. My wife just takes the P*** out of me and says that I'm a hypochondriac. I'll just have to see how it feels over the next 24 - 48 hours? The thing is I've done so little exercise since November when the bad weather started and I'm going into my bowling in the same way that I would if I was match fit. Fingers crossed there'll be some improvement quite quickly but I can't see myself going to nets on Monday night now.

If I am out of action maybe a positive that I can draw from the situation is that I'll be able to spend time on getting the wicket up to a fair standard? I had a look at it today and the impression is what with the weather turning milder the grass is actually growing now. There's been some activity in the paddock so there are some foot marks but it's not that bad. All last week we had rain virtually every day with some of it heavy. The forecast for the next 24 hours is a lot more rain so I wont be doing an rolling tomorrow and I'll save that for next weekend and besides with my leg I don't think I'd be able to push the roller.