Friday, May 15, 2009

Gutted

I was hoping to get in the nets tonight with the other blokes but Michelle made arrangements to go out and scuppered my plans at the last moment. But it did mean that I was able to go outside and throw some balls and wicket keep for Ben and Joe. I think Ben may be on the verge of chucking it all in. He seems to take after his Mum and their side of the family whereby they never seem to stick at anything that's difficult and requires enormous amounts of commitment, determination and patience especially if it's sport. Tonight Ben even asked about bowling Leg Breaks and gave it a go. I'll give him his dues as he stuck at it for an hour or so and was getting some results, but I seem to perceive that he expects to get results in a matter of minutes rather than years! I'll have to see how that goes.

I seem to still have the ability to give the ball a big flick and it seems to be natural now as the way that I spin the ball when standing around. We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment