Friday, April 23, 2010

The Big Leg-Break

This is slowly coming together, I don't think it's something I can rush. I'm currently in a poor form stage with my bowling, but I had a couple of hours today, including half an hour in the Paddock bowling in my normal manner not trying to do anything special and that was pretty good. Then later I went over to another field and towards the end of the session I focussed on bowling the Big Leg-Break. I put a single stump in the ground and then another with a bag over the top of it a yard & a bit in front of the single stump blocking the view of the single stump. I then tried pitching the ball legside turning it round the back of the bag/stump - it went okay - it looked quite promising - with a set of three stumps I reckon I'd have hit them a few times. This was over about 18-20 yards I reckon.

Match Sunday, so hopefully I'll be able to do something a bit better this week?