- The ground was wet and the ball wasn't bouncing.
- I'm unfit still.
- The ball was wet and slippery.
- It's slippery underfoot.
- There were no fielders
Whereas the positives could be seen as -
- I did bowl Thomas once
- I got him once bowled and caught
- I had loads of near misses
- My bowling line and length has improved
- If there had been fielders it would have been a different story
- In a pressure situation I was far more effective
So I reckon I keep at it and see how things come along and keep plugging away at the leg breaks - they did spin a bit today. See what happens once more people get involved, the other bloke who was supposed to have turned up failed to do so today, but I reckon they'll be there eventually and once there's some fielders it'll make a big difference, a half decent wicket keeper today would have got Thomas several times as well.
One last thing I that is a positive I batted today and made a concious effort to move my feet and stand to the side more so that the stumps are exposed to the ball (As advised by Wayne at G&CCC) and it worked I hit the ball lots and Thomas is fastish and makes the ball swing outwards to from off to leg. So that's a definite positive. Just need the spring to come so that all these bloke come and join in.