Saturday, February 02, 2008

February update

Gutted!

I've had computer problems for the last month or so and haven't been able to get on-line and pick up emails and what have you. So yesterday I was able to check my emails and was really pleased to see that my main team I play for (Grays & Chadwell) had a date for this seasons net practice sessions and the first session is on the 5th of this month. I went to bed excited about the prospect at last of being able to bowl at someone rather than a target, I lay there contemplating talking to all the other leg spinners and maybe even getting some coaching in some form or at least some kind of feedback and then it dawned on me - the 5th.... That's soon...... That's at the start of the week? I then realised it was probably Monday or Tuesday - both nights and the only nights when I work till 9pm. The nets start at 9pm. Gutted! Absolutely gutted!

I'm now trying to think how I can get out what I'm doing or shift what I do to another day. But it doesn't look promising.

Fitness

It's gone down the pan. Over Christmas I did okay, I didn't over eat and felt so much better for it and didn't drink either so on that front I did better than any previous year. Everybody round this way suffered from either flu or sickness with the diaorhea and I managed to avoid that as well, so that was a result as well. But I just got the post Christmas blues and felt like doing nothing but sleeping. Additionally I'm still concerned (Or paranoid) about damaging my arm/shoulder through over-doing the practice, so it suited me to do virtually nothing for a month and then once I started to do the pre-habilitation exercises for my calf muscle injury from way back in September I then realised that there is some serious work to do there because the muscle now feels amazingly taught in comparison with the other leg. So January was written off on the fitness front and I've noticed at work if I simply climb three flights of stairs at work I'm huffing and puffing and my hearts beating fast.

So right now this moment I'm probably the most unfit I've ever been in my life and I've now got 3 months to address the situation.

What I intend to do is log my route to fitness here and possibly on the www.simplycricket.net where I'll be seeking advice and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment